Wellness House Offers All Types of Massage Therapy
The Wellness House massage therapists in Ottawa, ON have been improving the health and well-being of clients in our community for more than 40 years with professional massage services. Our massage therapy works the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints to improve physical mobility while alleviating pain and stress. Our patients visit us for various treatments, including pain management, stress relief, relaxation, and injury prevention. No matter how old you are or the injuries or disabilities you’re managing, massage benefits clients of all ages and backgrounds. Contact us to book an appointment today.
Types of Massage Therapy at Wellness House
The types of massage therapy we offer at our wellness center include healing methods focusing on and treating various parts of the body. Depending on what brings you to Wellness House, we have a solution to provide outstanding massage benefits to mend your muscles, joints, and mind.
- Deep Tissue Massage - This therapy focuses on musculoskeletal issues, such as strains and athletic injuries, using slow deep strokes to reach inner muscles. There is a more significant pressure used in this therapy than in a Swedish massage.
- Sports Massage - A sports massage treats aches, pains, and injuries in soft tissue areas related to recreational activities.
- Swedish Massage Therapy - Like a deep tissue massage, a Swedish massage uses long and slow strokes to work the tissue. The difference is the light to firm pressure involved in a Swedish massage, where a deep tissue massage uses more force.
- Prenatal Massage - This is used only during pregnancy and is designed to relieve the aches and pains associated with pregnancy. Providing this type of massage requires great care by the therapist.
- Relaxation Massage – To promote relaxation, we use a superficial technique to encourage blood flow.
Enjoy the Benefits of Massage Therapy
You don’t need a medical reason or physical condition to experience the numerous benefits of massage therapy. Physical therapy massage and medical massages can do wonders for clients managing chronic or acute pain, but physically healthy people can also enjoy the rewards of treatment, including:
- Breathe deeper and easier
- Faster injury rehab
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved posture
- Massage helps relax muscles
- Mental relaxation through massage
- Stress relief from massage
Massage goes back as far as the 1700s, today's modern therapists are well trained in physiology and anatomy to give you the best care possible. All of our therapists are Registered Massage Therapists, that have undergone years of training and are constantly undergoing continuing education.
Registered Massage Therapists at Wellness House
Our staff has the requirements necessary to practice safe and healthy services for all of our clients. We have a Registered Massage Therapist on our team approved by the Quality Assurance Programme and its Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics guidelines set forth by the Regulated Health Professions Act of 1994. Our massage therapist’s membership is current with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and has completed the minimum requirement of 2200 hours of training. You can be confident you are receiving the highest quality care from trained professionals at our wellness center.
Conditions Treated with Massage Therapy
While everyone can enjoy various benefits of massage therapy, those with physical conditions or injuries might be wondering how we can help them. Our services are recommended for
- Improved circulation and relief from chronic stress and tension pain
- Lymphatic drainage in the neck, jaw, and back
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pregnancy pain and discomfort
- Sprains and strains
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- And more
Schedule Your Massage Therapy Appointment
Everyone should have the opportunity to experience the benefits of massage at Wellness House in Ottawa, ON. Whether you have a lingering injury you'd like to treat, or you want to relax and reduce stress in your life, we have a massage therapy service just for you. Our practice offers additional health services that can make significant improvements in your everyday life. Contact us to learn more and schedule a massage appointment today!