Learn About Back Pain Treatment Options at Wellness House
Wellness House provides specialized back pain treatment for patients in Ottawa, ON suffering from acute and chronic conditions. Our team of chiropractors provides upper, middle, and lower back pain treatment caused by various injuries and accidents. The care we provide brings relief to clients and allows them to continue doing the things they enjoy. Some people learn to live with back pain. However, you'll enjoy living a lot more without it. Contact our office to schedule an appointment.
What Causes Back Pain?
Your back is made up of many muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and discs. Muscle and ligament strains are common causes of back pain. These often occur from heavy lifting or a sudden, awkward movement. Pain comes in all different forms, including shooting, stabbing, or burning sensations. Some back-injury pain can worsen with standing up straight, walking, bending, twisting, or trying to lift an object, limiting a person's ability to perform basic tasks. Something like severe lower back pain can be pretty debilitating.
Chiropractic Treatment Can Help Achieve Lasting Back Health
The team at Wellness House strives to give our patients long-term relief from back pain. Even new back pain treatment should be sought after an injury or noticeable discomfort. While there are options for back pain treatment at home, if the pain persists, don’t assume it will go away on its own. If you don't seek back pain treatment because the discomfort has improved, keep in mind a sudden twist could bring it all back. Chiropractic care treats the joints, muscles, and nerves with non-invasive techniques that relieve pressure on joints and improve nerve function. By applying pressure in the back, we help joints in the spine work through their full ranges of motion. By loosening tight muscles, we help people move and feel better. Many patients find acupuncture therapy to be an additional benefit for back pain treatment.
The Most Common Issues for Back Pain
With so many muscles, ligaments, tendons, discs, and joints making up the back, injuries are common, and various conditions could lead patients to start looking for lower, mid, or upper back treatment at home. We encourage patients to contact our team to receive an official diagnosis if they are experiencing back pain to treat it properly. These are common issues, but each one requires special attention.
- Disc Bulges & Herniations - Bulging or herniated discs are a condition that occurs when the soft center of the spinal disc pushes through a crack in the outer casing of the disc. If the bulge irritates a nerve, it will cause pain and possible numbness or weakness in an arm or leg.
- Joint Restrictions - Spinal joint restrictions are quite common and occur when a joint is not aligned correctly or isn't working properly. This is usually caused by physical stress or trauma.
- Muscular, Tendon, Ligament Strains & Sprains - Sprains and strains happen all over the body, but they are incredibly painful when it occurs in the back. The most common cause is from lifting or twisting in ways our bodies aren't meant to. Severe strains can be accompanied by bruising or swelling in the area of the injury.
- Stress and Back Pain - Stress and tension are very unhealthy for the body. Most stress or tension pain is associated with headaches, but it is a prevalent cause of back pain too. When stress hormones are released, they can create muscle spasms, and tension will congregate in trigger points. Our trained chiropractors know how to soothe and release this tension.
- Other Causes of Back Issues - Many other health issues can contribute to back pain, such as obesity and arthritis. Kidney stones, urinary tract infections and other pathologies can cause back pain. Our team can help distinguish these conditions from other causes of back pain while you work with your family doctor on treating your overall health concerns and pathologies.
Schedule an Appointment for Back Pain Treatment
If you’re living with chronic or acute back pain and feel like nothing provides relief, visit Wellness House. Our experienced team of chiropractors has been providing back pain treatment for patients in Ottawa, ON since 1980. Our philosophy is simple. We’re committed to providing high-quality health care services tailored to individuals. Contact our friendly office today to learn more about our health care services and to schedule an appointment.
Questions? Connect with us!
Feel free to ask any questions over the phone (613-722-7799), or get in touch via our contact form below. Your message will be dispatched directly to our staff who will answer as soon as they can.