Get the Best Treatment for Neck Pain at Wellness House
The neck pain treatment options offered by Wellness House in Ottawa, ON address various injuries caused by trauma, poor posture, and health conditions. The neck is responsible for supporting the head, which weighs 12 pounds on average. The motion and strain individuals put on their necks each day through various activities make them susceptible to a frequent injury. While minor injuries may heal on their own, treatment for neck pain by our staff of chiropractors ensures conditions are correctly diagnosed, and the cause of the pain is treated.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Every person will experience some form of neck pain in life. Physical or strenuous activity is an obvious cause, but it can also surface from sitting for an extended period. You can even wake up in the morning with a sore neck just from sleeping. The neck is made up of vertebrae and muscles, and a sprain or strain on either of these can cause discomfort, just like back pain. Severe neck pain treatment is most successful when our chiropractors pinpoint where the pain is originating. Sometimes, the place a patient feels pain is not the actual source. We consult with every patient to determine the original cause of the injury, such as:
- Trauma and Accidents - A prevalent neck injury is "whiplash." It happens when a sudden forced movement of the neck or head is quickly followed by a rebound in a different direction. The muscles tighten and contract, causing stiffness. Severe whiplash can injure the ligaments, discs, and nerves.
- Sleeping position - Sleeping on your stomach is not good for the neck and using the wrong type of pillow can also cause neck strain.
- Poor posture – Sitting for hours at a desk, looking down frequently at a mobile phone, or not standing up straight while on your feet can result in neck injuries over time.
- Repetitive stress - Too much stress isn't good for any part of the body, but the neck is prone to taking on much of a person's stress.
- Abnormalities in bone structure - Abnormal bone growth or swelling will cause discomfort.
- Joint issues - Joint issues such as osteoarthritis cause deterioration of cartilage and lead to worsening conditions like spinal stenosis.
- Muscle strains and pulls – Because of the many ways our necks allow us to turn our heads, move it up and down, or side to side, the muscles that power this movement are prone to strains and tears. These can be difficult to heal because our neck is constantly on the move.
Chiropractic Treatment Options for Neck Pain
When you visit our health center for back and neck pain treatment, we will assess your posture, test your range of motion, and note what causes pain and discomfort. We use non-surgical and drug-free procedures to heal our patients. Many people may seek dull or sharp neck pain treatment by the use of over-the-counter medications. While this may provide temporary relief, it doesn’t address the cause of the problem or promotes healing. Chiropractic treatment for neck pain employs a holistic approach that may include any of the following:
Learn More About Neck Pain Causes and Treatment
No one likes to deal with a pain in the neck. That is unless it is one of our highly skilled chiropractors. At Wellness House, our mission is to provide healing back and neck pain treatment for patients in Ottawa, ON that relieves pain, brings back range of motion, and gives people a sense of hope. We will provide hands-on care here in our office and offer neck pain home treatment education to keep your progress going between your visits. Contact our office to schedule a consultation today.
Questions? Connect with us!
Feel free to ask any questions over the phone (613-722-7799), or get in touch via our contact form below. Your message will be dispatched directly to our staff who will answer as soon as they can.